Plex Earth Brings the Construction Industry to A New Era
Plex.Earth gives thousands of engineers the complete 3D geographical view of their project area, in less than 5 minutes.
At a construction project, architectural drawings provide every detail for how the structure is supposed to be put together: from how effectively assembling the studs creates the framework for each wall, how the walls connect to make rooms, spaces and different floors, to how other infrastructure systems like plumbing fit inside this jigsaw puzzle, ultimately creating an attractive and charming pleasing space for the people who will live or work inside the building.
During construction, it’s important that everyone involved in the process has a holistic view of the progress and standards. Satellite imagery can provide that fundamental insight to the architectural, engineering and construction (AEC) industry.
Bird.i in corporation with Maxar’s DigitalGlobe and other world-leading satellite operators, has mitigated the barriers for using high quality satellite imagery, making Earth observation data much more accessible and affordable for all types of businesses and individuals.
ARENCOS will very soon integrate this technology from AUTOCAD, Plex.Earth and Bird.i to metamorphosize Chania constructions and fulfil the highest standards of our clients and property investors. Industry-leading 30 cm resolution satellite imagery can provide a clear view of the construction site and associated assets, such as cranes, vehicles, materials and access points.
A construction focused application
Many industries have a use for satellite imagery. After extensive market research, Bird.i became one of the first companies focused on providing satellite imagery to the AEC industry. Bird.i has now taken on the challenge of educating the construction market about the power and possibilities of up-to-date satellite imagery:
- Plex.Earth gives thousands of engineers the complete 3D geographical view of their project area, in less than 5 minutes. Wherever in the world – Whenever they need it.
- The diversity of the construction industry can now benefits from the satellite imagery. Now you can export whole drawings into Google Earth, allowing everyone to easily tour and understand your design or proposals.
- Construction sites can easily be identified, viewed and analyzed with the satellite imagery pulled into our system. Industry-leading 30 cm resolution satellite imagery can give companies a clear view of the site and associated assets, such as cranes, vehicles, materials and access points.
- The development time of these large real estate or infrastructure projects is typically between two to four years, making progress easily trackable from space with a weekly, monthly or quarterly satellite revisit rate.
- Now you can design with greater confidence, because you really can see everything; every bump and dip, every channel, ridge or obstruction on the site, and the surrounding areas too. Any time you like, anywhere in the world.
Benefits to Plexscape and the AEC industries
- Acquiring and processing satellite imagery is a significant challenge within the AEC industries so the partnership helps to alleviate this issue
- The partnership will raise awareness of the technology and accelerate AEC industry adoption to improve the entire project management process
- Plex.Earth benefits from an additional revenue stream from the premium content
- Our API option offers ease of integration
About Plex Earth
Originally created in 2009 by civil engineer and software specialist Lambros Kaliakatsos, Plex.Earth is the first cloud-based software ever created in the CAD market and one of the most popular tools in the Autodesk app store.
Learn more about Plex Earth.