At ARENCOS, we’re committed to easy access to our digital content for everyoneARENCOS is committed to making our website as accessible as possible to everyone, including those with visual, hearing, cognitive and motor impairments. We’re constantly working towards improving the accessibility of our website to establish equal and easy access to all of our users, staff and visitors. As part of our commitment to accessibility, we ensure that our website is compatible with:
- Recent versions of popular screen readers
- Operating system screen magnifiers that increase the size of text and graphics on computer screens.
- Design pages and posts with an emphasis on colour contrast, logical heading order, and configurable repeated elements.
- Code the content of our pages and posts to ensure that are usable by a variety of input and output devices, such as keyboard navigation and screen readers.
- Ensure that all non-textual elements have a text equivalent (such as “alt text” for images).
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1Wherever possible, our website will adhere to level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1). These guidelines outline four main principles that state that websites should be:
- Perceivable – Information and user interface components must be presentable to users in ways they can perceive
- Operable – User interface components and navigation must be operable
- Understandable – Information and the operation of user interface must be understandable
- Robust – Content must be robust enough that it can be interpreted reliably by a wide variety of user agents, including assistive technologies