Construction Projects in Chania & Building Information Modelling (BIM)
What is BIM and how our construction projects in Chania, Crete can be managed more efficient? How this technology can establish a construction project success? ARENCOS explores the synergies between the most recent construction project risks & Building Information Modelling tools and resources.
Building Information Modelling (BIM) is a digital process for developing and managing vast information on a construction project across the entire project development life-cycle. One of the most fundamental aspects of this process is the Building Information Model, its performance, the digital description of every feature and element of the project asset.
BIM draws on information collected synergistically and updated at key phases of a construction project. Creating a reliable digital Building Information Model allows all the teams of professionals working on a construction project interact with the structure to optimize their decision making and works, resulting in improved performance, productivity and asset optimization.
Through BIM tools and procedures, the construction industry is undergoing its own digital revolution on this new era. BIM is not only a way of working effectively but also a way of interacting in an innovative and intelligent way. Yet, Building Information Modelling also involves the ways of categorizing, prioritizing and managing information between teams, contractors and stakeholders. At ARENCOS for our construction projects in Chania we are using a selection of BIM tools & methods to ensure successful strategic management and customer satisfaction.
Moreover BIM, involves the development and management of a wide range of guides, standards and specifications to facilitate critical thinking, technology integration, process management and value creation.
How BIM supports our construction projects in Chania?
BIM takes into account all of the information about every element of a construction, in one place. Moreover, with the latest fully integrated BIM tools anyone to access that information for any purpose, e.g. to analyse the time required to complete a project, the different aspects of a proposed design etc. In this way, we can mitigate the uncertainties and risks or the associated inconsistencies of a construction project, and avoid budget overruns.
With our integrated BIM tools, ARENCOS can manage the entire life-cycle of a construction project in Chania or in any other area, from due-diligence to design and from demolition to materials recycling. Moreover, BIM contains state-of-the-art conflict detection tools that can improve errors detection time to response and time to repair at the various phases of construction.
What is a BIM object?
A BIM object is a combination of many things:
- Element properties, such as thermal performance
- Geometry representing the product’s physical characteristics
- Representation of the physical features of an element
- Data Visualization
- Functional data
What are the benefits of BSI for your project design and construction?
- Project Owner satisfaction – by validating evidence of your measurement and monitoring of client satisfaction against delivery of projects with a focus on BIM-specific deliverables
- Win more business – opportunity to win more construction projects through proven performance improvement, productivity optimization in local and international level
- Reduced project costs – through BIM tools and interrogated analysis
- Reduced risks and uncertainties – offering a consistent and efficient way of working across multiple teams, project construction professionals and materials
- Operational resilience – to high-impact events by embedding BIM digital processes and technologies
- Supply chain resilience – by improving workforce collaboration and relation with suppliers and contractors to establish new and productive ways of working and interacting
- Risk reduction and compliance with the latest engineering and design standards – through benchmarking and integrated BIM tools
- Proven business credentials – by embracing new technology and embedding BIM procedures.